Lahaina Restoration Foundation
Contact Address Information:
120 Dickenson Street
The first lighthouse on this spot was built by native people in 1840. In 1996 the Lahaina Restoration Foundation signed a 30 year lease agreement with the Coast Guard and assumed responsibility for maintenance of the site.
Tower Height: 39
Height of Focal Plane: 44
Characteristic and Range: Red flash every 7.5 seconds
Description of Tower: Square pyramidal concrete tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1840
Date Present Tower Built: 1917
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Located in the center of Lahaina off Front Street.
Keepers: Edward Marques (U.S. Coast Guard, c. 1930s).