Bureau des Phares et Balises
This was formerly the rear light of the Passe de l'Ouest range, with Nantouar serving as the front light, about 2247 feet away. The range guided mariners through the west side of the entrance to the bay and harbor of Perros-Guirec. In 1976, the Nantouar Light and the range were discontinued, and the Kerjean light became a directional light. The lighthouse is located on a private farm.
Tower Height: 52
Height of Focal Plane: 256
Characteristic and Range: Directional light; occulting, three eclipses every 12 seconds. Range 15 nautical miles (white sector) and 13 nautical miles (red and green sectors).
Description of Tower: White round stone tower with a conical roof.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1860
Date Present Tower Built: 1860
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!