This lighthouse was gutted by a fire in July 1984. In the early 1990s, John and Susan Hatch and Don Hermanson purchased the property. They have restored the fog signal building and are working to restore the lighthouse, which was reportedly in very poor condition in 2004.
Tower Height: 55
Description of Tower: Square brick tower attached to keeper's house.
Listed on the Lighthouse Digest Doomsday List of endangered lighthouses.
This light is not operational
Integral brick keeper's house.
Date Established: 1894
Date Present Tower Built: 1894
Date Deactivated: 1934
Open To Public? No.
This lighthouse is virtually inaccessible except by boat.
Keepers: Thomas Doody (1894-?)