Clinton County Historical Association
Contact Address Information:
3 Cumberland Ave.
This lighthouse is located within Adirondack State Park. The Clinton County Historical Association has been responsible for much restoration here. The lighthouse once again became an active aid to navigation in November 2004 after being inactive since 1930. Before the relighting the active light was shown from a skeleton tower.
Tower Height: 35
Height of Focal Plane: 95
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every 4 seconds.
Description of Tower: Octagonal tower on roof of keeper's dwelling.
This light is not operational
Intergral 1.5 story limestone keeper's dwelling.
Date Established: 1874
Date Present Tower Built: 1874
Date Deactivated: 1930-2004
Optics: 1874: Fifth order Fresnel lens (removed).
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, attraction in state park.
Open To Public? Occasionally.
Call the Clinton County Historical Association at 518-561-0340 for information on boat tours aboard the replica lake ferry "Weatherwax" to Valcour Island and the lighthouse. The lighthouse is usually open on Sundays in summer, from 1 to 3 p.m.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places