The first lighthouse was a structure that could be moved to remain aligned with the high light when the channel shifted. Although the high light was discontinued in 1886, the 1866 low light remained active until 1908. It was later incorporated into a cinema, but nothing remains of it today.
Description of Tower: 1763: Wooden tower, 25 feet tall. 1866: Conical brick tower, 42 feet tall.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1763
Date Deactivated: 1908
Current Use: Destroyed.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!