Commissioners of Irish Lights
A fog signal station was established here in 1909; the light was added in 1959.
Tower Height: 13
Height of Focal Plane: 180
Characteristic and Range: White light, 2 seconds off, 2 seconds on.
Description of Tower: White octagonal stone tower with no lantern, attached to fog signal building.
This light is operational
Keeper's house, outbuildings.
Date Established: 1909
Date Present Tower Built: 1959
Date Automated: 1993
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
The Mizen Tourism Cooperative Society maintains a visitors center on the mainland and exhibits at the keeper's quarters. See www.mizenhead.ie for details.
See www.mizenhead.ie/feedback.htm for directions.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!