In 1929 this lighthouse was sold to the owners of the Pakefield Hall (later known as Pontin's Holiday Camp). In 2000, volunteers renovated the lighthouse. The lighthouse is now staffed by members of the Pakefield Coastwatch organization (volunteer auxillary coastguards). The tower is open to visitors, who can see members of Pakefield Coastwatch at work.
Tower Height: 30
Description of Tower: White brick tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1832
Date Present Tower Built: 1832
Date Deactivated: 1864
Current Use: Privately owned.
The lighthouse is adjacent to the Pontins Holiday Camp parking lot and can be approached from both land and sea without going into the camp. It is open to visitors daily in summer.
Keepers: ? Goodwin (c. 1841), William Rees (c. 1851), Thomas Freeman (c. 1851)