This lighthouse was replaced by a light on a skeleton tower in 1933. The private owners worked with the Coast Guard to return the light to the lighthouse, and on October 5, 2002, the lighthouse was relit with a crowd of 300 looking on.
Tower Height: 25
Height of Focal Plane: 46
Description of Tower: Conical cast iron tower.
This light is operational
1880 keeper's house, oil house.
1829: Privately operated lantern; 1857: stone pyramid with lantern.
Date Established: 1829
Date Present Tower Built: 1881
Date Deactivated: 1933-2001
Optics: 1881: Sixth order Fresnel lens.
Fog Signal: Bell
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, private residence.
Open To Public? No.
The station is not accessible to the public. It can be viewed from the shore in Chazy, New York, or by boat.