The first set of Fort McRee Range Lights did not survive the Civil War. They were rebuilt in 1866 but were soon destroyed by a hurricane; new towers were erected in 1888. The Fort McRee Range was replaced in 1906 by the Fort McRee Cutoff Range, acting in combination with the Caucus Cut Range, the Fort Barrancas Range and the Pensacola Bay Range.
Height of Focal Plane: 49
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red.
Description of Tower: Red, square pyramidal tower with tubular lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1859
Date Deactivated: 1888
Current Use: Destroyed.