This lighthouse was built by Thomas W. Palmer, one of Detroit's most influential businessmen, politicians and philanthropists. The land that is now Palmer Park was acquired by his father in 1827 as a country estate. Palmer built a log cabin on the property as well as the lighthouse, and stocked the lake with fish. In 1897 140 acres of land that became the basis of Palmer Park were donated to the city.
It is not known at this time if this light is operational
Date Established: c. 1885
Date Present Tower Built: c. 1885
Current Use: Unknown.