Canadian Coast Guard
The original lighthouse was discontinued in the 1920s and was not replaced until 1974. The old lighthouse was demolished in the winter of 1971. Although the present light is not a very large structure, it is located at an important point near the main channel in the river.
Height of Focal Plane: 19
Characteristic and Range: Main light: fixed yellow, range 16 miles; secondary light: fixed green, range 6 miles.
Description of Tower: Fluorescent orange cylindrical pile.
This light is operational
1816: 35-ft white, octagonal stone tower, destroyed 1971.
Date Established: 1816
Date Present Tower Built: 1974
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.