This site is owned by NSW Dept. of
Infrastructure, Planning, and Natural Resources, but the active light is still maintained by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.
Tower Height: 59
Height of Focal Plane: 135
Characteristic and Range: 3 white flashes every 15 seconds.
Description of Tower: White, cylindrical concrete tower.
This light is operational
1880: 23-foot white conical tower attached to dwelling (destroyed 1956).
Date Established: 1866
Date Present Tower Built: 1955
Date Automated: 1920
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Keepers: William Walker (c. 1880s), Charles McAuley (?)