Relight The Lighthouse Committee
Contact Address Information:
P.O. Box 01
The Relight The Lighthouse Committee completed a restoration of this lighthouse in 2000.
Description of Tower: Conical stone tower with buttresses.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1833
Date Deactivated: 1909
Current Use: Landmark.
The lighthouse is within Lighthouse Point Park, a 96-hectare nature reserve. Passenger and vechicle ferries leave Kingsville or Leamington, on Lake Erie's north shore, at regular intervals. The crossing to Pelee Island takes about 75 minutes. For more information call (519) 825-4659.
Keepers: William McCormick (1833-?), James Cummins (?)