This lighthouse was replaced by a modern structure on the end of a wharf near the location of the old lighthouse. The original wharf and lighthouse are now gone.
Description of Tower: 1911: White square wooden tower on iron pilings.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1880
Date Deactivated: 1970
Date Automated: 1963
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Elias MacDonald, James Watson, Jesse Thorpe, William Keddy, James LeRoy Houghton (keeper for 17 1/2 years), Marion Houghton.