Search ||  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 

Name: Yongdo Light   Map it!

Feedback to the database manager

Also known as: Taejongdae (T'aejongdae) Light

Nearest Town or City:
Busan, , Korea, Republic of

Location: SE coast of South Korea; on a cliff at the south end of Yongdo (Yeongdo), an island southeast of the port city of Busan.

Managing Organization:
Port of Busan

Website: http://portbusan.go.kr/english/m1/01/m01.html

Notes:
Busan (formerly known as Pusan) is the third largest container port in the world. Yongdo Lighthouse is a major navigational aid, equipped with a fog signal and a radiobeacon, and also serving as a day signal station and a DGPS station. The construction of a new tower here was completed in August 2004. Its actual height is unknown, but it has raised the focal plane of the light to a height of 269 feet.

Height of Focal Plane: 269

Characteristic and Range: Three white flashes every 18 seconds; range 24 nautical miles.

Description of Tower: White round concrete tower on a white dwelling (1906).

This light is operational

Date Established: 1906

Date Present Tower Built: 2004

Fog Signal: Siren, 1 blast every 45 seconds.

Current Use: Active aid to navigation.

Open To Public? Grounds only?

Directions:
The lighthouse is located in T'aejongdae Park on Yongdo, which is linked to Busan by two bridges and can be reached by taking a #88 or #101 bus from Busan Station, or a #8 bus from Nampodong. On the island, an uphill road leads to the lighthouse, several miles from the arrival point. Hikers may prefer the long walk, but other can take the "Buvi train" (actually a vehicle on wheels), which carries visitors to the lighthouse and other points of interest.

Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!

Featured
Products

Subscribe
to Lighthouse Digest


USLHS Marker Fund


Lighthouse Jewelry


Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt













Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2017 Lighthouse Facts       Lighthouse History