This lighthouse was replaced by offshore Greenbury Point Shoal Lighthouse in 1891.
Description of Tower: Hexagonal wooden tower on center of keeper's dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1848
Date Deactivated: 1891
Optics: 1848: 9 lanps and parabolic reflectors; 1855: Sixth order Fresnel lens, later fourth order.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Levin Wheeler (1848-1850), Robert Wilson (1853-1859), Benjamin Smithicum (1859-1861), William Freeman (1861-1862), Benjamin Suit (1867-1891).