This light was replaced in 1980 by a modern steel tower. The still-active light is installed from May to October each year.
Tower Height: 22
Height of Focal Plane: 30
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white light; range 8 miles.
Description of Tower: 1878: White, square wooden tower. 1914 (?): Square pyramidal skeletal tower with enclosed lantern; 1939: 18-foot square skeletal tower with enclosed lantern.
This light is not operational
1960: Steel skeletal tower with a square wooden lantern.
Date Established: 1878
Date Deactivated: 1980
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: John A. Patterson (before 1939), William Eldon Judy (1940-?)