This vessel, built in 1904, served as the following: Five Fathom Bank (NJ) 1904-1924; Relief (3d District) 1924-1926; Barnegat (NJ) 1927-1942; Examination Vessel, WWII 1942-1945; Barnegat (NJ) 1945-1967. It was decommissioned in 1967 and donated to the Chesapeake Maritime Museum. It was later sold to the to the Philadelphia Ship Preservation Guild. The vessel is reported to be in deteriorating condition. It is now at a marina adjacent to Pyne Poynt Park in Camden, NJ.
This light is not operational
Current Use: Unknown.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places