Commissioners of Irish Lights
Contact Address Information:
16 Lower Pembroke Street
A cast iron superstructure was built on top of the original stone tower in 1871 to raise the light by 25 feet. There was originally a second lighthouse at the east point of Inishowen; it was discontinued in 1961.
Tower Height: 75
Height of Focal Plane: 92
Characteristic and Range: Fl(2) WRG 10s - Shown by daylight when fog signal is sounding. Nominal Range: White = 18 nautical miles, Red and Green = 14 nautical miles
Description of Tower: White, conical tower with two black horizontal bands.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1837
Date Present Tower Built: 1837
Date Automated: 1979
Fog Signal: Automated horn, two blasts every 30 seconds.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.