Digest>May/Jun 2013

Photo Caption:

A DCB-224 beacon was installed in Gay Head Lighthouse in 1952. Basically it is two back-to-back drums with a red filter on one end of the drum and a white filter on the other. The lens then rotates slowly to flash first one light then the other. This is the lens that the Coast Guard wants to remove. (Lighthouse Digest photo by Philip Hunter.)
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2013

Story:

Wickie’s Wisdom
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2013

All contents copyright © 1995-2017 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

Featured
Products

Subscribe
to Lighthouse Digest


USLHS Marker Fund


Lighthouse Jewelry


Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt












Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2017   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History