Substitute keeper Werner Storm ascends the stairs inside Tillamook Rock Lighthouse in this newspaper photo taken in 1937 on another inspection visit. It seems that keeper Storm enjoyed his outings to the Rock, since he remained a substitute keeper even after the horrific storm of 1934. But given his name, perhaps he felt he was certainly in the right place! (Courtesy Clatsop County Historical Society.)
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2017
The Terrifying Tale of Terrible Tilly’s Perfect Storm of the Century
All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2018