The Racine Harbor Lighthouse, left, is shown here with the catwalk that led to the former Racine North Pier Head Lighthouse. The Racine Harbor Lighthouse was lighted in September of 1866 with a fourth order Fresnel lens that came from the former Root River Lighthouse. When the lighthouse was discontinued around 1918, the lantern was removed and the tower was capped. The structure still stands today. The North Pier Lighthouse (right) was moved around 1914 to become the Racine North Breakwater Lighthouse. (Courtesy Racine Heritage Museum.)
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2017
New Name and New Mission for Wisconsin Lighthouse Group
All contents copyright © 1995-2017 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2017