The Lightship Columbia, (WLV-604), is permanently moored alongside the museum in the Columbia River. The Columbia was built in 1951 by the Rice Brothers in Boothbay, Maine and was stationed six miles from the mouth of the Columbia River during her 29 years of service. She was the last active lightship on the West Coast. Self-guided and group tours are available daily.
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2017
Crossing the Columbia Bar at Oregon’s Columbia River Maritime Museum
All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2018